Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another newspaper find. Quick and easy to make usually with leftovers for lunch
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice or 1 cup medium grain rice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chunked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 flour tortillas
- romaine lettuce, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- Prepare rice.
- Brown chicken chunks in oil until cooked.
- Stir in black beans, salsa, soy sauce, and rice.
- To serve, line tortillas with lettuce, fill with rice mixture and add tomato and cilantro.
I used boneless/skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts to make these wraps with good success. Instead of me putting together the wraps, everyone fixed their own chicken wraps at the table and I added shredded cheese and additional salsa to the lettuce and tomato fixings.