Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I LOVE wraps. I found this one on the internet, just a while ago. It's very good, especially if you like spicy, if you don't you can just omit the hot sauce. It's better than a plain on sandwich any time.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained,rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 10 inch low-fat flour tortillas
- low-fat cheese (optional)
- 1 cup corn
- Combine beans, corn, bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, and hot pepper sauce.
- Set aside.
- Coat chicken with chili powder.
- Cook on oiled grill over medium fire 6 minutes per side, or until no longer pink.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Wrap tortillas in plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high 1 minute.
- For each sandwich, place cheese, down the center of one tortilla.
- Top with chicken breast slices, and then bean mixture.
- Roll up tightly;secure with wooden pick in two places, cut in half.
I had 3 bbq chicken thighs left over and used those. Loved the corn/bean mixture. I also didn't use the green pepper...I am unable to eat them so subbed green onions. We thoroughly enjoyed these wraps. Thank you for sharing.
I loved the way the corn and the black beans tasted together in this one, very Southwest! It all combined together to make a nice wrap. I did make a sauce for mine which really brought out the flavor- I mixed one part adobo sauce with 2 parts sour cream, but if someone didn't like spicy, they could use salsa instead of the adobo. I served this with guac and chips for a nice light meal. Thanks for the recipe, Bratty_1, I will definitely make this again!
This was easy and very fresh tasting. I omitted the hot sauce and added 1/2 C of my freezer salsa posted here as well(personal preference). I also used salsa flavored tortillas. I also filled wrap first and then heated in microwave for 30 seconds each on medium.I noted you used corn but I didn't know how much. I used 1 C frozen corn.