Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This customer favorite is for those of you who like mildly hot food with a burst of southwestern flavors. It's easy to make and I generally serve it on saffrom rice with cilantro butter.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup good mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4 cup sargento taco flavored cheese or 1⁄4 cup your favorite Mexican blend cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup your favorite salsa
- Mix the marinade in a ziplock bag.
- Add the chicken and marinate it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- In the interim, roast the poblano under the broiler (if you don’t have a gas stove top) until blackened on all sides, then place the roasted poblano in a covered bowl or plastic baggie.
- After 15 minutes, peel the blackened part from the pepper and discard the seeds and stem.
- Finely chop the pepper.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients, and add the chopped pepper, then mix together.
- Saute the chicken in the olove oil until cooked through, 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Turn on the broiler.
- Put the chicken in a baking dish and cover each piece with the mayonnaise/butter mixture.
- Divide the taco flavored cheese into 4 parts and top each piece of chicken with a ¼ portion.
- Sprinkle on the chile powder.
- Broil the chicken until the cheese is golden brown.
- On four plates divide the picante sauce into four portions, and use it as a bed of sauce upon which to place the chicken.