Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe out of a Swanson booklet of free recipes. I will admit that I haven't tried it yet, but do intend to try it soon. Would love to know what you all think about it!!!!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cube
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- salt and pepper
- Spray large sauce pan with cooking spray.
- Heat pan for about 1/2 minute, then add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Add onion, garlic and cumin and cook until onion is tender.
- Add broth, salsa, beans and corn.
- Heat to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes.
I made this in my crockpot and added black beans but no corn. Because of the black beans the color was a little funny - but the soup was easy and DELICIOUS! Will make again!
Next time I would use another can of Beans and no corn, but over all it was very good and easy to make, I only had one small bowl left after the 2 of us had dinner!!