Recipe by theMurrays
Tried and true, this has become my favorite soup! Add green chiles, garlic or sub black beans for variety. From the September 2004 issue of Real Simple magazine.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
I have been making this for years (actually since 2004 when that magazine issue came out), ahd I have to say it is LOVED by everyone who tastes it. But the best part about it is how easy it is to put together. I do double all the ingredients to make a bigger batch, since it always seems to disappear.
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa verde
- 3 cups cooked chicken pieces (1 small deli-counter rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- tortilla chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty the salsa into a large saucepan.
- Cook 2 minutes over medium-high heat, then add the chicken, beans, broth, and cumin (if desired).
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top each bowl with a sprinkling of onions, a dollop of sour cream, and some tortilla chips (if desired).
- (For a soupier dish, use 4 cups of broth).