Amber Dawn's Note:
This quick-to-fix stir-fry is a flavorful combination of marinated chicken, sweet pepper, and corn. Serve in warm flour tortillas (I use Wheat Tortillas.) This recipe is 4 WW points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 42.52 g envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 118.29 ml water
- 29.58 ml cooking oil
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch pieces
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium yellow sweet peppers or 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into squares
- 1 small zucchini, bias sliced
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 158.51 ml salsa
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 118.29 ml frozen whole kernel corn
- 118.29 ml cooked black beans or 118.29 ml canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas (optional)
- 118.29 ml shredded low-fat monterey jack and colby cheese (optional)
- 1For marinade, combine the fajita mix, water, and oil in a medium mixing bowl.
- 2Add chicken to marinade; stir to coat.
- 3Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- 4Spray a wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 5Preheat over medium heat.
- 6Add sweet pepper, zucchini, and onion; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 7Remove from wok.
- 8Drain chicken; discard marinade.
- 9Add chicken to wok.
- 10(Add additional tablespoon cooking oil to wok during cooking, if necessary, to prevent sticking.) Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 11Return vegetables to wok.
- 12Stir together salsa and chili powder.
- 13Add salsa mixture, corn, and beans to wok.
- 14Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- 15If desired, serve with warm tortillas and cheese.
- 16To warm the tortillas, wrap in microwave-safe paper towels; microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Chicken Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.2
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 327.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 23.7 g