Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This quick-to-fix stir-fry is a flavorful combination of marinated chicken, sweet pepper, and corn. Serve in warm flour tortillas (I use Wheat Tortillas.) This recipe is 4 WW points.
- 42.52 g envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 118.29 ml water
- 29.58 ml cooking oil
- 340.19 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch pieces
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium yellow sweet peppers or 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into squares
- 1 small zucchini, bias sliced
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 158.51 ml salsa
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 118.29 ml frozen whole kernel corn
- 118.29 ml cooked black beans or 118.29 ml canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas (optional)
- 118.29 ml shredded low-fat monterey jack and colby cheese (optional)
- For marinade, combine the fajita mix, water, and oil in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add chicken to marinade; stir to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Spray a wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat over medium heat.
- Add sweet pepper, zucchini, and onion; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove from wok.
- Drain chicken; discard marinade.
- Add chicken to wok.
- (Add additional tablespoon cooking oil to wok during cooking, if necessary, to prevent sticking.) Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Return vegetables to wok.
- Stir together salsa and chili powder.
- Add salsa mixture, corn, and beans to wok.
- Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- If desired, serve with warm tortillas and cheese.
- To warm the tortillas, wrap in microwave-safe paper towels; microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds.