Southwestern Chicken Stew
- In a ziploc bag, place ¼c. flour and a few of the chicken at a time and shake to coat.
- Brown the chicken in a dutch oven in the oil; then remove the chicken and set aside.
- Drain all but 1 tsp of the fat; saute 1 tbsp flour and the garlic in the reserved fat for 30 seconds.
- Add broth, tomatoes (including the liquid), tomato paste, onion, salt, cumin, oregano, thyme, bay leaf and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minute.
- Add chicken and kielbasa; cover and simmer 20 minute.
- Skim the fat off the surface; Add the potato, carrot, zucchini and corn.
- Cover and simmer, covered, for 30 min; then serve.