1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Another Nice soup/stew with lots of vegetables...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package kielbasa, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained (no salt added)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (no salt added)
- 16 white pearl onions (in the freezer section)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 cups Red Bliss potatoes, in 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups carrots, in 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups zucchini, in 1-inch chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can kernel corn, drained
- 1In a ziploc bag, place ¼c. flour and a few of the chicken at a time and shake to coat.
- 2Brown the chicken in a dutch oven in the oil; then remove the chicken and set aside.
- 3Drain all but 1 tsp of the fat; saute 1 tbsp flour and the garlic in the reserved fat for 30 seconds.
- 4Add broth, tomatoes (including the liquid), tomato paste, onion, salt, cumin, oregano, thyme, bay leaf and red pepper flakes.
- 5Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minute.
- 6Add chicken and kielbasa; cover and simmer 20 minute.
- 7Skim the fat off the surface; Add the potato, carrot, zucchini and corn.
- 8Cover and simmer, covered, for 30 min; then serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (677 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.9
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 127.6 mg
- Sodium 747.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 47.6 g