Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
With Fall & Winter around the corner this soup will become a great staple in your home. You can even double the recipe and freeze for future meals. The spices really liven up this filling soup. Recipe By: Anne S TOH
- 1 (49 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- baked corn tortilla chips
- in a large saucepan, combine the first 12 ingredients.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- add corn, cook 10 minutes longer.
- top each serving with tortilla chips, sprinkle with cheese.
Made for Holiday Tag. So simple and tasty...I did add a bit of salt but kept to the recipe for the rest.Thanks Daisy!