Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got this recipe from a friend, it's my husband's favorite!
- 4 -5 chicken breasts
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 cups cooked rice
- Boil chicken and shred.
- Combine rest of ingredients except rice, simmer 30 minutes.
- Serve soup over rice with grated cheddar cheese, chives, sour cream, tortilla chips & corn bread.
Yummy and simple! Great way to use up canned goods... I left out the rice, and served the soup over tortilla chips, topped with shredded cheese and sour cream.