Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
One sixth of this recipe is 8 Weight Watchers points and contains 28g whole grains. All of the ingredients are Core. This was adapted from a recipe on the back of a Minute Rice box.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 small)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 10 ounces frozen corn (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups brown rice, uncooked (Minute Rice's brown rice)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cover. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through (170 degrees F).
- Remove chicken from skillet; set aside. Add water, salsa, and corn to skillet; mix well. Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 minutes. Top rice mixture with chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; simmer an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and rice has absorbed liquid.
Quick and easy! I used chicken stock instead of water and added cumin and chili powder to spice it up a bit, and it was perfect!
This is the most delicious spicy rice dish I have ever tasted. I left this recipe for my husband to prepare one night for dinner. He made a few changes to it, like he always does. He used Swanson Chicken Broth, instead of the water, and he added chili powder. It was wonderful, and the broth is still a core food.
Blah, needs more corn, maybe black beans would make it better too. It also needs some more spice to it, very bland!