Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy Chicken meal that is low in fat
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place chicken breast half with smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of mat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4" thick. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces. In shallow dish mix flour, cummin, and salt.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture. Reserve 1 tsp fur mixture.
- In non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 3-5mins on each side or until golden brown and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- In small bowl, stir reserved 1 tsp flour mixture into broth. Gradually stir broth mixture and red pepper sauce into skillet. Heat to boiling; stir in lime juice & cilantro.
- Serve sauce over chicken.