Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The only cooking done on this one is caramelizing the onions. Here's a little tip for ya: chill your salad plates in the refrigerator in advance. Simple yet delicious salad recipe from Publix.
- 2 cups refrigerated cooked chicken (or leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 8 slices precooked bacon
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons green onions (optional)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 ounce blue corn tortilla chips
- 4 teaspoons pimentos (optional)
- Preheat large saute pan on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse and peel red onion, cut in half and slice into 1/2-inch strips (about 1/2 cup).
- Spray sauté pan with cooking spray. Add onion, cover and brown thoroughly for 7-9 minutes, stirring often. Place onions in medium mixing bowl and set aside for 2-3 minutes to cool.
- Cut chicken and bacon into 1/2-inch chunks and add to onions.
- Stir mayonnaise and barbecue sauce into chicken.
- Rinse lettuce, green onions and tomatoes. Line serving plates with lettuce leaves. Place blue corn chips around outside edge of plate (or crumble chips over lettuce). Place chicken salad in center of each plate. Sprinkle with pimentos.
- Cut green onions into 1/4-inch slices, using up to 1 inch of green tops. Sprinkle over chicken salad.
- Cut avocado lengthwise into quarters. Remove seed and peel. Slice into bite-size chunks. Place avocado and tomatoes around chicken salad.