The only cooking done on this one is caramelizing the onions. Here's a little tip for ya: chill your salad plates in the refrigerator in advance. Simple yet delicious salad recipe from Publix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups refrigerated cooked chicken (or leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 8 slices precooked bacon
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons green onions (optional)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/2 ounce blue corn tortilla chips
- 4 teaspoons pimentos (optional)
- 1Preheat large saute pan on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- 2Rinse and peel red onion, cut in half and slice into 1/2-inch strips (about 1/2 cup).
- 3Spray sauté pan with cooking spray. Add onion, cover and brown thoroughly for 7-9 minutes, stirring often. Place onions in medium mixing bowl and set aside for 2-3 minutes to cool.
- 4Cut chicken and bacon into 1/2-inch chunks and add to onions.
- 5Stir mayonnaise and barbecue sauce into chicken.
- 6Rinse lettuce, green onions and tomatoes. Line serving plates with lettuce leaves. Place blue corn chips around outside edge of plate (or crumble chips over lettuce). Place chicken salad in center of each plate. Sprinkle with pimentos.
- 7Cut green onions into 1/4-inch slices, using up to 1 inch of green tops. Sprinkle over chicken salad.
- 8Cut avocado lengthwise into quarters. Remove seed and peel. Slice into bite-size chunks. Place avocado and tomatoes around chicken salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Sodium 331.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
blue corn tortilla chips