Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a easy and delicious salad that is filling and satisfying. Change up any of the ingredients to make it how you like it.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup olive, any type you like
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 2 cups shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 cooked and diced chicken breasts
- chopped cilantro, I like lots
- ranch dressing, for serving
- Mix all ingredients except the ranch.
- Serve with ranch on top.
Thank you for sharing your version of Southwestern Chicken Salad. The only way I deviated from your suggestions, was to use pickled jalapenos. I love the hot & tart taste of them. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Wonderful salad for a hot day! How can you go wrong with ranch dressing? Love it! I put ingredients in separate storage type containers for the two of us to assemble our own and then put the leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow. Thank you Bexxx for sharing a great recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2010 baby.