Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Recipe book "All About Salads and Dressings"
- 2 whole chickens
- 1 small red onion
- 2 seeded and diced plum tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- Cover and refrigerate all ingredients (except for the cabbage and peanuts) for one hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Put cabbage on plates and top with the chicken salad.
- Serve immediately.