Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a Reynolds Foil cookbook.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 14.78-19.71 ml taco seasoning mix
- 44.37 ml lime juice, divided
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, cut in strips
- 1 large red peppers or 1 large green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml light sour cream
- 118.29 ml chunky salsa
- CUT chicken breast halves into 1-inch cubes. Place chicken in an 8x8x2-inch microwave–safe baking dish; sprinkle with taco seasoning mix and toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- COVER dish with Reynolds Plastic Wrap, turning back one edge to vent. Stirring once after 2 minutes, microwave on HIGH 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- ARRANGE Romaine lettuce on large platter. Top with rows of chicken, red pepper, avocado slices, tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle avocado slices with remaining lime juice to prevent darkening.
- MIX sour cream and salsa. Garnish with chopped bell pepper, if desired.
- COVER platter and dressing with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
this was really good. I made the chicken the night before, then threw together the salad. My only complaint is that the lime juice defiitely does not keep the avocado from browning - overnight in the fridge, and it looked like it had been in there for months. But, great combination of flavors. Thanks for posting
This was DELICIOUS ~ DH said it was "Outstanding" ~ that's unusual for him :) I made as a single salad for him and he absolutely loved it. A little secret: I was crunched for time so I used canned chicken breast, just added the seasonings and it was ready to go. I'm sure this would be even better with fresh chicken breasts. Thanks for posting looneytunesfan ~ made for Spring PAC 2010!