1/3 Photos of Southwestern Chicken Salad
From a Reynolds Foil cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 3 -4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, cut in strips
- 1 large red peppers or 1 large green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 large tomato, cut in wedges
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1CUT chicken breast halves into 1-inch cubes. Place chicken in an 8x8x2-inch microwave–safe baking dish; sprinkle with taco seasoning mix and toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- 2COVER dish with Reynolds Plastic Wrap, turning back one edge to vent. Stirring once after 2 minutes, microwave on HIGH 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 3ARRANGE Romaine lettuce on large platter. Top with rows of chicken, red pepper, avocado slices, tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle avocado slices with remaining lime juice to prevent darkening.
- 4MIX sour cream and salsa. Garnish with chopped bell pepper, if desired.
- 5COVER platter and dressing with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.8
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 323.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 25.9 g