Recipe by dianegrapegrower
We like to have this for dinner during the summer - a tasty light meal that doesn't heat up the kitchen. You could serve tortilla chips on the side, if you want.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning mix or 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 1⁄2 cups lettuce, assorted, torn
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and slices
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup corn, thawed
- 1 cup black beans
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- cilantro salad dressing (purchased or use recipe 30146 "Cilantro Dressing for Salads" by Bergy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub chicken with olive oil and fajita seasoning. Grill over lot heat until done. Set aside and keep warm.
- While the chicken is grilling, prepare and combine the remaining salad ingredients, except the dressing.
- Slice chicken 1/4" thick, against the grain, and add to salad. Toss with dressing to taste.
- Serve immediately.