We like to have this for dinner during the summer - a tasty light meal that doesn't heat up the kitchen. You could serve tortilla chips on the side, if you want.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning mix or 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 1⁄2 cups lettuce, assorted, torn
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled and slices
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup corn, thawed
- 1 cup black beans
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- cilantro salad dressing (purchased or use recipe 30146 "Cilantro Dressing for Salads" by Bergy)
- Rub chicken with olive oil and fajita seasoning. Grill over lot heat until done. Set aside and keep warm.
- While the chicken is grilling, prepare and combine the remaining salad ingredients, except the dressing.
- Slice chicken 1/4" thick, against the grain, and add to salad. Toss with dressing to taste.
- Serve immediately.
We loved this salad. Great for a hot summer dinner. I made the suggested Cilantro dressing (# 30146) and this is now going to be a favorite! Thank you!
I made this for my husbands lunches and it turned out so pretty and tasty! I just divided the salad part up into 3 separate containers, put the chicken in little baggies and sent it off to work! Also made the Cilantro Dressing (also packaged separately) and it goes with it perfectly. Thanks for the healthy meal idea! We will be doing it again!
I made this last night for dinner and it was absolutley fantastic. I did add chopped dates to it but otherwise I made it exactly as written and used the Cilantro Salad dressing Cilantro Dressing for Salads which was equally fabulous! Thanks for sharing, I will be making this again and again.