Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Get a sophisticated look and plenty of flavor with only five ingredients. This recipe is fast and easy, and I can prepare it in advance for guests. Use toothpicks to secure the chicken before dredging. GOOD TO KNOW: Reduce the fat with fat-free cream cheese, and serve with whole-grain rice to complete the meal.
- 6 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons about 3 ounce reduced-fat cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons picante sauce
- 6 fresh cilantro stems
- 6 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Top each breast half with 1 tablespoon cream cheese, 1 tablespoon picante sauce, and 1 cilantro sprig. Roll up jelly-roll fashion, beginning at narrow end.
- Dredge chicken rolls in breadcrumbs. Place rolls, seam sides down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat rolls with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.