Recipe by Sassy Cat
Recipe by WW quick, Light snd Healthy Cookbook made even lower fat. Substitute cooked brown rice for the white to make it have even more fiber. I like it with or without the lime juice.
Top Review by donnab14
This is to die for! I made a couple of substitutions to accomodate what I had in the kitchen. Instead of whole chopped tomato, I used a can of rotel tomatoes with chilies. I omitted the can of chilies, as it was already in the tomatoes. I also used a package of taco mix, as I did not have cumin. For those watching their calorie consumption, the serving size on this recipe is huge! I bet you could call easily get 8 servings and cut the serving size by half ( 121). MMMMMMM good!
- 48 ounces fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole kernel corn, frozen
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in rice, and cumin.
- Return to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes until rice is tender.
- Skip these steps if you are using cooked brown rice.
- Stir chicken, and next 3 ingreds. into rice mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro, and salt.