Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe by WW quick, Light snd Healthy Cookbook made even lower fat. Substitute cooked brown rice for the white to make it have even more fiber. I like it with or without the lime juice.
- 48 ounces fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole kernel corn, frozen
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in rice, and cumin.
- Return to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes until rice is tender.
- Skip these steps if you are using cooked brown rice.
- Stir chicken, and next 3 ingreds. into rice mixture.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro, and salt.