1/2 Photos of Southwestern Chicken Pot Pie
Mmmmmmmmm, really delish and a comfort food for dh and I. Easy to prepare, not much time involved. My dh showed me this in our state daily newspaper and said he'd like for me to try it. I did and fix it alot now. I serve it with warm flour tortilla's w/butter and sometimes warmed nacho chips and salsa. It's very filling and if we don't want it the next day, I have frozen it with success. Also, I have used a can of green chilis instead of the adobo seasoning and think you could spice it as hot as you want with jalepenos. We just don't do hot or really spicy. Also, the last time I only had cheddar cheese and it turned out fine, but it is better with the monterey jack/cheddar blend. Thanks for trying one of our favorite dinners!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (I use McCormick's Gourmet Collections seasoning)
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix (I made my own)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet over med-hi heat add chicken and saute 5-7 minutes or until done.
- 3Add beans, corn, tomato sauce and seasonings to skillet.
- 4Bring to a boil over med heat.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- 6Pour into a 2 1/2qt casserole.
- 7Top with remaining cheese.
- 8Prepare corn muffin mix batter as directed on package.
- 9Spoon dollops of the batter over chicken mixture.
- 10Bake 25-30minutes or until corn bread is golden brown.
- 11You may serve with warm flour tortillas w/butter and a salad if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.3
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.1 mg
- Sodium 907.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 32.3 g