Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Inspired by a pizza I often have at the Brick Oven in Austin, Texas
- 1⁄2 lb chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) can pizza dough (premade ready-to-bake cans)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo (grind up whole can... save the rest for another recipe)
- 1⁄2 purple onion
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook chicken (grilling is preferable) and cube.
- Chop onion and slice tomatoes.
- Roll pizza crust onto cookie sheet as directed on can.
- Combine pizza sauce with chipotle and adobo sauce.
- (Add more than one tablespoon if you like your food spicy).
- Spoon pizza sauce onto crust.
- Top with cheese, onion, chicken and tomatoes.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is completely melted.
Delicious! We love the zinginess that the chipotle chile added to the sauce. I used precooked, grilled chicken strips and Sicilian-Style Pizza Dough (Bread Machine) for my crust. Also, I added some chopped red and green bell peppers and chopped, fresh mushrooms. I used 3 kinds of cheese: Parmesan, provolone, and mozzarella. My family loved this and gave it 2-thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper.