Recipe by Matt, Averie & Kate's Mom
I wanted to make pinwheels for our annual Halloween party, but was in a "southwestern" mood, so I came up with this recipe. Everyone at the party enjoyed it - hope you do too!
Top Review by Jenny Draper
Excellent idea for a party. I added some cut up cilantro and a small can of mild green chilis. Bringing them up to room temp for serving makes the cream cheese nice a smooth. Loved it and shared the recipe with many. I ended up with 7 wraps, 5 cut up filled a large party tray so I kept the other 2 uncut and took along. My family got to eat the remaining 2 for lunch the next day, SCORE!
- 8 large sun-dried tomato tortillas
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped fine
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup tex-mex cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and taco seasoning until well blended.
- Spread evenly onto the tortillas.
- Next add the black beans, chicken, onions tomatoes and cheese in a thin layer over each tortilla - don't add too much of the toppings or else they will be hard to roll up.
- Roll tightly in cling wrap and refrigerate for 8 hrs or overnight.
- Slice into 1 inch slices and serve.
- Note - it is easier to slice if you place them in the freezer for 1/2 hr or so first.
- ** I only use about 1/2 - 3/4 of the can of beans, it all depends on how much you like them **.
- ** I only use about 1/2 the package of taco seasoning as well as I find a full packet to be a little too salty **.