Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Similar to the Senora Chicken at Ruby Tuesday's, this is the simplified version. You can spice it up by cooking the chicken in southwestern spices, adding spinach, or making your own sauce using Velveeta cheese and salsa.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut up into small pieces
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar salsa con queso
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup milk
- penne pasta
- In a large saucepan, heat oil.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add queso and enough milk for desired consistency.
- Prepare pasta according to directions.
- Serve hot chicken and sauce over pasta.
So rich and creamy! I prefer a thicker sauce so I only used 1/3 cup of milk...and most of the jar of queso. Easy and simple, though probably not very healthy heh.
Perhaps a little more help on the sauce part. That's a pretty vague description there. I'm cooking impared so I need a little help.