Recipe by Shelby Jo
From Taste of Home
Top Review by Suzanne S.
This yummy sandwich hit the spot! The flavorful mayonnaise is almost too sweet with the lime curd, though. I might leave it out entirely the next time I make this. The sweet red peppers were a delicious touch I wouldn't have thought to add, but were so good! Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup lime curd
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced chipotle chiles in adobo, sauce
- 12 slices sourdough bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (3 -4 lb) cooked rotisserie-cooked chicken, torn into large pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese or 6 ounces havarti cheese, thinly sliced
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine curd, mayonnaise and chipotle chilies.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on one side of each bread slice.
- Arrange chicken, red pepper, and cheese on six slices of bread. Top with remaining bread slices. Brush sandwiches lightly with oil.
- Grill until bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.