From Taste of Home
Make and share this Southwestern Chicken Panini With Lime Chipotle Mayonnaise recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup lime curd
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced chipotle chiles in adobo, sauce
- 12 slices sourdough bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (3 -4 lb) cooked rotisserie-cooked chicken, torn into large pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese or 6 ounces havarti cheese, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine curd, mayonnaise and chipotle chilies.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on one side of each bread slice.
- Arrange chicken, red pepper, and cheese on six slices of bread. Top with remaining bread slices. Brush sandwiches lightly with oil.
- Grill until bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
This yummy sandwich hit the spot! The flavorful mayonnaise is almost too sweet with the lime curd, though. I might leave it out entirely the next time I make this. The sweet red peppers were a delicious touch I wouldn't have thought to add, but were so good! Thanks for posting!