Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
This tastes a lot like chicken enchiladas. It can be prepared in advance and frozen.
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) jars salsa, mild
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine cottage cheese, parsley and chives; set aside.
- Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Add onions, garlic and bell pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Add salsa, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles and drain well.
- Spray a 9x13-inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Arrange a layer of cooked noodles on the bottom.
- Spread 1/2 of cottage cheese mixture then 1/2 of chicken over noodles.
- Spread 1/3 of salsa mixture than 1/3 of cheese over chicken.
- Repeat layers with noodles, 1/2 cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 chicken, 1/3 salsa and 1/3 cheese.
- Finish with remaining noodles, salsa and cheese.
- Bake, covered a 375°F for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let stand about 15 minutes before serving so it can firm up.
This sounded alot better than it was. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't mind blowing either. Just an inbetweener for my family and I. Thanks for the recipe though!
I made this for a birthday party along with a beef lasagna and this one definately won everyone over! Not too spicy like you might expect, very tasty indeed!