Recipe by Sharlene~W
This tastes a lot like chicken enchiladas. It can be prepared in advance and frozen.
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced mild green chilies
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) jars salsa, mild
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cottage cheese, parsley and chives; set aside.
- Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Add onions, garlic and bell pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Add salsa, chili powder and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles and drain well.
- Spray a 9x13-inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Arrange a layer of cooked noodles on the bottom.
- Spread 1/2 of cottage cheese mixture then 1/2 of chicken over noodles.
- Spread 1/3 of salsa mixture than 1/3 of cheese over chicken.
- Repeat layers with noodles, 1/2 cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 chicken, 1/3 salsa and 1/3 cheese.
- Finish with remaining noodles, salsa and cheese.
- Bake, covered a 375°F for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let stand about 15 minutes before serving so it can firm up.