Recipe by LMillerRN
Make this using store bought rotisserie chicken.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
This was pretty good! I had some leftover homemade tortillas that I needed to use up, so decided to make this. I also used less salt--a little less than 1/2 tsp. I also only had jalapenos, so only put a couple tablespoons of those and subbed some Tyson frozen chicken breast strips instead of the rotisserie chicken. Had some great heat. Thanks for posting!!
- 2 cups shredded oven-roasted deli chicken
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 9 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients; let stand 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add salsa, chili, and green chiles; reduce heat, and simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Line bottom of an 11 X 7 inch baking dish with 3 tortillas; layer with one half chili mixture, one half chicken mixture, and one third cheese. Repeat layers; top with remaining tortillas. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.