Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you want dinner on the table in about 20 minutes and no clean up, this low fat Southwestern-style chicken in foil is the answer. When you seal the food in the packs, be sure to leave some space for air to circulate inside. Be careful when unsealing the packs after cooking, as the escaping steam will be very hot.
- 4 sheets aluminum foil, wrap (12X18)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup black beans or 1 cup dark red kidney beans
- 1 cup frozen sweetcorn
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Place one chicken breast in the middle of each sheet of foil wrap or parchment paper. Spoon one fourth of the salsa, black beans and sweetcorn on each of the four chicken breasts.
- Seal each pack by bringing up sides and folding the top edge over twice. Seal the edges in the same way, leaving enough room for heat to circulate inside.
- Place packs on a cookie sheet and cook for 20 minutes. Unseal packs carefully.
There were great!! I will probably add some cajun seasoning to the chicken before baking just to get some more flavor. This is an easy healthy quick meal. Thanks!!
This is my new favorite food! I normally don't like spicy things, but this is delicious. I have a bad habit of not having defrosted chicken, so I make some rice to go with it. The beans and rice together have all the protein you need so you don't even really need the chicken. I did make it with chicken though and it was very moist.
This was really tasty and moist. My husband doesn't do salsa/tomatoes, so I sprinkled his with cajun spice - and he said it was great, too. He said the cajun spices gave a great contrast to the black beans and corn. Clean up was a breeze! Thanks!