Prep 15 mins
Cook 27 mins
This sounds like it would be tasty. I haven't tried it yet though. Found it online at bhg. Great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup cooked chicken or 1 cup cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together chicken or turkey, corn, and drained chile peppers.
- Spread mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- In the same bowl, stir together the eggs and milk.
- Beat in flour, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour over the chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is set and lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese melts.
- If desired, serve with salsa and sour cream. If desired, garnish with cilantro.