Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy and so delicious!
Make and share this Southwestern Chicken Corn Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (2 tsp. if dried)
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (or other hot sauce)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot, then cook the onion, pepper and bacon over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the creamed corn and chicken broth, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes or so.
- Add the chicken, cumin, and dill and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Season with Tabasco, salt and pepper, then serve.