Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I strongly suggest to make the dressing up to 24 hours in advance to blend flavors, also you can grill the chicken a day in advance and refrigerate. If you are not a black bean lover then you can omit them and use corn niblets, adjust the dressing ingredients to taste :)
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 1 small romaine lettuce (about 7-8 cups torn into bite-size pieces)
- 3⁄4-1 cup black beans (rinsed and very well drained or use corn niblets)
- 1 1⁄2 cups garlic-flavored croutons (or use as much as desired)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 chipotle pepper (from a jar or can)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (or to taste) (optional)
- Brush olive oil over the chicken breasts, then sprinkle the fajita seasoning onto both sides.
- Grill over medium-high heat about 6 minutes per side (or you may broil).
- Allow to cool then slice into strips; set aside.
- For the dressing; in a blender or food processor combine mayonnaise, 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, sour cream, cumin, anchovy fillets, green onions, Dijon mustard, chipotle pepper, fresh garlic, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper; process or blend until smooth then season with salt if desired.
- Place the lettuce in a large glass bowl, add in black beans; toss to mix.
- Top the salad with croutons and red bell pepper rings and cooked chicken slices, then sprinkle with about 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or any amount desired).
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad or serve dressing on the side.
This dressing is awesome, wow! Really creamy but not at all hot from the chipotle pepper. I took your advise and made this 24 hours in advance to allow the flavours to all come together. Thank you Kitten for another winner.
The dressing is outstanding as is the salad but the dressing--OH WOW! I made the dressing using yogurt for the sour cream and omitting the anchovy (don't do those). The dressing was made this morning and I used a little on my roast beef sandwich at lunch. Very good! For the salad, I didn't have fajita seasoning mix so I used your recipe #76616. After misting the chicken breasts with olive oil I rubbed the taco seasoning into the chicken and cooked them on the George Forman grill. This is a wonderful dinner salad.