I strongly suggest to make the dressing up to 24 hours in advance to blend flavors, also you can grill the chicken a day in advance and refrigerate. If you are not a black bean lover then you can omit them and use corn niblets, adjust the dressing ingredients to taste :)
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 1 small romaine lettuce (about 7-8 cups torn into bite-size pieces)
- 3⁄4-1 cup black beans (rinsed and very well drained or use corn niblets)
- 1 1⁄2 cups garlic-flavored croutons (or use as much as desired)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 chipotle pepper (from a jar or can)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (or to taste) (optional)
- Brush olive oil over the chicken breasts, then sprinkle the fajita seasoning onto both sides.
- Grill over medium-high heat about 6 minutes per side (or you may broil).
- Allow to cool then slice into strips; set aside.
- For the dressing; in a blender or food processor combine mayonnaise, 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, sour cream, cumin, anchovy fillets, green onions, Dijon mustard, chipotle pepper, fresh garlic, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper; process or blend until smooth then season with salt if desired.
- Place the lettuce in a large glass bowl, add in black beans; toss to mix.
- Top the salad with croutons and red bell pepper rings and cooked chicken slices, then sprinkle with about 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or any amount desired).
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad or serve dressing on the side.