1/1 Photo of Southwestern Chicken Caesar Salad With Chipotle Dressing
I strongly suggest to make the dressing up to 24 hours in advance to blend flavors, also you can grill the chicken a day in advance and refrigerate. If you are not a black bean lover then you can omit them and use corn niblets, adjust the dressing ingredients to taste :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 1 small romaine lettuce (about 7-8 cups torn into bite-size pieces)
- 3/4-1 cup black beans (rinsed and very well drained or use corn niblets)
- 1 1/2 cups garlic-flavored croutons (or use as much as desired)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 chipotle pepper (from a jar or can)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (or to taste) (optional)
- 1Brush olive oil over the chicken breasts, then sprinkle the fajita seasoning onto both sides.
- 2Grill over medium-high heat about 6 minutes per side (or you may broil).
- 3Allow to cool then slice into strips; set aside.
- 4For the dressing; in a blender or food processor combine mayonnaise, 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, sour cream, cumin, anchovy fillets, green onions, Dijon mustard, chipotle pepper, fresh garlic, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper; process or blend until smooth then season with salt if desired.
- 5Place the lettuce in a large glass bowl, add in black beans; toss to mix.
- 6Top the salad with croutons and red bell pepper rings and cooked chicken slices, then sprinkle with about 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or any amount desired).
- 7Drizzle the dressing over the salad or serve dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Chicken Caesar Salad With Chipotle Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (554 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.7
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.7 mg
- Sodium 1351.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 55.3 g