Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is my clipping stash which I am trying to clean out. Originally came from Southern Living in 2002.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained
- 4 (1 ounce) monterey jack pepper cheese, sliced
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- lime wedge
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Top each chicken breast with 1 green chile and 1 cheese slice. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Whisk together egg and 2 tablespoons water in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken rolls in egg mixture and dredge in the crushed chips.
- Place the rolls in a lightly greased oven pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with salsa and garnish with a lime wedge.