Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- cayenne pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons smoky barbecue sauce
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 romaine lettuce, heart shredded
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 (10 -12 inch) flour tortillas
- Rub chicken with cumin, chili powder, and cayenne sauce.
- Heat griddle pan over high heat; cook chicken breasts 4 minutes on each side; remove from heat.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat a skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil to the pan.
- Add in onions and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in beans and barbecue sauce; stir to combine.
- Chop cooked chicken breasts and drop into barbecued beans; heat mixture through; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile chicken and beans onto tortilla; top with lettuce, green onions, and tomatoes; wrap and roll.
- Serve with chips and salsa.
These are quick and easy and taste great I didn't use the bbq sauce. I served this with some fresh salsa and Mexican style sour cream.
I'll be making this tomorrow by placing the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot, topping with the other ingredients (except the toppings) and cooking for 6-8 hours on low. Going to add a second can of black beans to stretch it a little further and double it so I can put a meal in the freezer. Sounds yummy!
I LOVE this recipe and have made it several times in a row, making burritos and quesadillas with the filling. I even omitted the onions but the barbecue sauce adds so much flavor that they were missed. I used shredded sharp cheddar and it goes great with the bean flavors. Thanks ratherbeswimmin' for a new favorite recipe! Roxygirl