1/1 Photo of Southwestern Chicken and Black Bean Burritos
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- cayenne pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons smoky barbecue sauce
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 romaine lettuce, heart shredded
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 (10 -12 inch) flour tortillas
- 1Rub chicken with cumin, chili powder, and cayenne sauce.
- 2Heat griddle pan over high heat; cook chicken breasts 4 minutes on each side; remove from heat.
- 3While the chicken is cooking, heat a skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil to the pan.
- 4Add in onions and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until soft.
- 5Add in beans and barbecue sauce; stir to combine.
- 6Chop cooked chicken breasts and drop into barbecued beans; heat mixture through; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Pile chicken and beans onto tortilla; top with lettuce, green onions, and tomatoes; wrap and roll.
- 8Serve with chips and salsa.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Chicken and Black Bean Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (2695 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 721.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 42.6 g