Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Moist flavorful chicken with a southwest tang.
Make and share this Southwestern Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms (or 8 oz. canned)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives or 1⁄4 cup green olives
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Brown chicken breasts in 2 T.
- of oil.
- Remove and set aside In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender.
- Add tomatoes, celery, olives, water, and spices Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 min.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Simmer, uncovered, 15 min.
- Add mushrooms and simmer another 15 min.