Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from the coupon section of my local Sunday paper. It was published by Kraft Foods and Ro-tel.
- Cook chicken in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Stir in 2 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Stir in macaroni; cover reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer 15 minutes, or until water is almost absorbed.
- Add Velveeta and Ro-tel; cook until Velveeta is melted, stirring often.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Sprinkle each serving with desired amount of dried parsley.
I tried reviewing this recipe after making it a couple weeks ago, not sure what happened to my prior review. Anyway, this recipe is awesome! I had clipped it out of an insert from my local paper too, and had been carrying that clipping around for several years before actually making it for the first time recently. This stuff is so good, that my husband (who I usually have to prod for feedback) told me "you HAVE to add this to the regular rotation" before I even had a chance to ask how much he liked it. My picky 2 year old gobbled it up and asked for seconds too. The only change I made was to reduce the elbow macaroni amount to 1.5 cups and reduce the water amount to 1.5 cups also. Very easy to throw together and yields such tasty results! We'll be making this a lot. Thanks for posting!!!!!
Very,very good! A little too spicy for the DD but was excellent for us.