Recipe by Epi Curious
This savory appetizer is a great starter for a Mexican meal or a party. Easy to make and very flavorful. I got this recipe at a cooking class several years ago.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese (not light or nonfat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup salsa, plus
- 1 cup salsa, for topping (Pace Chunky brand)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 5 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 10-inch springform pan with Pam nonstick spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Saute onions in olive oil and set aside to cool.
- Beat cream cheese on low speed with salsa, green chilies, taco seasoning and cooled sauteed onion. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat until softened and all ingredients incorporate.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Scrape bowl after each addition. Pour into springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees in a water bath (place springform pan on a cookie sheet and pour about 1/2 inch of water around it on the cookie sheet) for 50 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; cool and refrigerate overnight. Unmold. Serve, topped with the 1 cup of reserved salsa, with crackers and/or Triscuits.