Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is great appetizer cheesecake. Feeds a bunch. Serve it with tortilla chips and celery sticks. Cook time includes chill time.
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell peppers or 1 cup orange bell peppers or 1 cup red bell pepper (or a combo of all 3)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄3 cup chopped tomato
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Stir together chips and margarine and press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beatg cream cheese and eggs in large bowl at medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in the co-jack cheese and the chilis and pour over crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Spread sour cream over cheese cake and sprinkle on toppings.
- Chill 1-2 hours.
- Remove from cake pan after chilling.
- Let sit out to"soften" a little or you'll break your tortilla chips!
- before serving.
- Serve on platter surrounded by tortilla chips and celery sticks.
Rave reviews from family & friends. I find it makes way more than 8-10 servings. Maybe 16-20+. You can cut way back on the fat using 1/3 less fat cream cheese, or 8oz 1/3 less fat + 8 oz fat free cream cheese. That plus low fat cream cheese still tastes awesome! I get requests for it all the time.
This is outstanding. I made this appetizer for a progressive dinner type thing and everyone raved about it! I think the heat needs to be increased to 350 when you bake the cheese cake mixture. I am a cheese cake Connoisseur and felt it was not quite set.
This is a great appetizer. It can be made ahead of time and it feeds a lot of people. I have used it several times for dinner parties and for pot-luck events and it is always a hit.
For those that want a spicier product, add several drops of hot sauce to the cream cheese mix before baking.