This is a recipe that I got from WW when I first started the program over 10 years ago when there were exchanges. The entire recipe, including the salad is approximately 5 points per serving
- 13 ounces beef top round steak, well-trimmed and cut into large chunks
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups red onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, wedged
- 2 tablespoons canned green chilies, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- If using broiler, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, process the beef until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in 2 T of the cilantro, the minced onion, chiles, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Mix lightly with 2 forks, just until ingredients are blended.
- Gently shape into 4 equal patties.
- Place the patties on the prepared broiler rack or grill.
- Cook 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn the patties over and broil for another 5 minutes.
- Top evenly with the cheese and broil or grill until it just melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the tomato juice, lime zest, lime juice, oil and remaining 2 T of cilantro.
- One each of 4 plates, arrange one-fourth of the lettuce, tomatoes, and red onion wedges.
- Drizzle with the dressing, top with a burger and serve.