1/5 Photos of Southwestern Cheeseburgers - W W
This is a recipe that I got from WW when I first started the program over 10 years ago when there were exchanges. The entire recipe, including the salad is approximately 5 points per serving
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 13 ounces beef top round steak, well-trimmed and cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red onions, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, wedged
- 2 tablespoons canned green chilies, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 15 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1Preheat broiler or grill.
- 2If using broiler, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3In a food processor, process the beef until finely chopped.
- 4Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in 2 T of the cilantro, the minced onion, chiles, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- 5Mix lightly with 2 forks, just until ingredients are blended.
- 6Gently shape into 4 equal patties.
- 7Place the patties on the prepared broiler rack or grill.
- 8Cook 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- 9Turn the patties over and broil for another 5 minutes.
- 10Top evenly with the cheese and broil or grill until it just melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile, make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the tomato juice, lime zest, lime juice, oil and remaining 2 T of cilantro.
- 12One each of 4 plates, arrange one-fourth of the lettuce, tomatoes, and red onion wedges.
- 13Drizzle with the dressing, top with a burger and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Cheeseburgers - W W
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 249.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: