Prep 9 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is great little zippy appetizer that I made recently from Southern Living Magazine. It went over real well with my guests.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 3⁄4 ounces jars roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, chilled
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, chilled
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients until mixture is blended; stir in diced red peppers and next 6 ingredients.
- Set marinade aside.
- Cut block of cheddar cheese in half lengthwise.
- Cut halves crosswise into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Repeat procedure with Monterey jack cheese and cream cheese.
- Arrange cheese slices alternatively in a shallow baking dish, standing slices on edge.
- Pour marinade over cheeses.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Transfer cheese to a serving plate, and spoon remaining marinade over top.
- Serve with assorted crackers or even tortilla chips.