Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Saucy, spicy, very easy mexican type casserole.
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml minced onion
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4 flour tortillas, 7 inch
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown beef and onions, drain.
- Add beans, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Place mixture in greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Arrange tortillas on top.
- Combine soup and tomatoes.
- Pour over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for 30 minutes.
I followed everything but it didn't quite turn out as expected, the top portion was still soupy. But because the flavors are all what I love, we'll try it again, maybe with cutting up the tortillas, using more or baking longer will solve the problem. I also add more cheese on top and served wtih sour cream on top - yum. If you love southwestern flavors you will love the combination here.
Love this recipe. My picky son even liked this. I made as directed expect I used a little more cheese and sprinkled the top with paprika. Thanks for sharing.