Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
While I was at a hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona, I remember pestering a chef for this recipe. It's been so many trips ago, though, I can't remember what hotel I was at. Nevertheless, this salad is a nice twist on the usual Ceasar.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped chipotle chiles, from a can
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated fresh
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix lettuce, tomatoes and corn in large bowl.
- Add 3/4 of dressing and 2 T. of Parmesan. Toss.
- Determine if more dressing is needed. Add to taste.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan before serving.
This was wonderful. I had run out of chipotle peppers, so via the internet, I subbes 1 T mince jalepenos, 1 t ketchup and two drops of liquid smoke. You could not tell I'd not used chipotles. I had some leftover taco filling, so I topped each salad with that and served with tortilla chips. Also used a little cheddar instead of parm. Such a great recipe. We loved this and will make again.
well the dressing for this is absolutely delicious. i added more chipotle peppers because i LOVE them and a little sour cream to thicken it up.. yum yum. for the salad i made more of a taco salad i used the tomatoes and corn but added olives onions, avacado, and a little cucumber. and spinich. then mixed it all up, added some cheese and ate it with tortilla chips and flour tortillas!! so so good. thank you for a dressing recipe i am sure i will use many times.
Lordy! This salad dressing is fabulous! I didn't have soy sauce so I substituted teriyaki. Otherwise followed the recipe as written. I wanted to lick the bowl after I finished it! We used it on beef fajita salad and it was yummy!! Thanks for the fabulous recipe!