Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the creamy, smokey flavor of this dressing. Sometimes I add grilled chicken or other meat or fish to this salad for a complete meal. My husband kept saying how good the salad was when he tried it for the first time...and so will you.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons broth
- 1 tablespoon nama shoyu or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2-3 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- cubed avocado
- diced green peppers or red pepper
- hard-boiled egg
- black beans
- Whisk mayonnaise, broth, shoyu, lemon juice, chipotles, salt and brown sugar in medium bowl to blend.
- Taste dressing and adjust seasoning, adding salt and pepper if desired.
- Dressing can be prepared one day ahead of time.
- Mix lettuce, tomatoes and corn in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and chopped cilantro and serve.
Absolutely delicious! Had it for a party with chili and Mexican stuffed potatoes, Mexican cornbread (on here and also fab). It was really tasty and all the flavors and textures were there as previously stated. Thank you!!! Not sure about Amber's rating...she refers to "fries". Think it is possibly an error. The salad is GREAT!
our family found this really bland.. we followed the recipe verbatim, but the 'fries' shrunk and just didn't have the umph we had hoped for. thanks.. I am ALWAYS trying to get my boys to eat more veggies.