1/4 Photos of Southwestern Caesar Salad with Chipotle Dressing
I love the creamy, smokey flavor of this dressing. Sometimes I add grilled chicken or other meat or fish to this salad for a complete meal. My husband kept saying how good the salad was when he tried it for the first time...and so will you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water or 1 1/2 tablespoons milk or 1 1/2 tablespoons broth
- 1 tablespoon nama shoyu or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2-3 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Whisk mayonnaise, broth, shoyu, lemon juice, chipotles, salt and brown sugar in medium bowl to blend.
- 2Taste dressing and adjust seasoning, adding salt and pepper if desired.
- 3Dressing can be prepared one day ahead of time.
- 4Mix lettuce, tomatoes and corn in a large bowl.
- 5Add dressing and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- 6Toss to coat well.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining cheese and chopped cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Caesar Salad with Chipotle Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 825.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo