I love the creamy, smokey flavor of this dressing. Sometimes I add grilled chicken or other meat or fish to this salad for a complete meal. My husband kept saying how good the salad was when he tried it for the first time...and so will you.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons broth
- 1 tablespoon nama shoyu or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2-3 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- cubed avocado
- diced green peppers or red pepper
- hard-boiled egg
- black beans
- Whisk mayonnaise, broth, shoyu, lemon juice, chipotles, salt and brown sugar in medium bowl to blend.
- Taste dressing and adjust seasoning, adding salt and pepper if desired.
- Dressing can be prepared one day ahead of time.
- Mix lettuce, tomatoes and corn in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and chopped cilantro and serve.