Recipe by Linda B
Put on your Wranglers, boots, and spurs & enjoy this burger which mixes Texas BBQ with Southwest hot chili in adobo mayonnaise. I found a recipe on the French's web site and made adjustments to suit our taste.
Top Review by sugarpea
This is a great burger, Linda. The layers of chile and chili give a great deph of flavor without overwhelming heat. I used Sue L's Chipotle Mayonnaise #81066 and Barb Gertz's Chipotle Mango Barbeque Sauce #90733.
- 1 lb ground beef (do not use lean ground round, etc.)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons french gourmayo chipotle chili mayonnaise (or make your own by mixing 3 parts mayonnaise with l part minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauc)
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced sweet onion
- shredded lettuce
- 1 -2 tablespoon barbecue sauce (I used Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy)
- 3 lightly toasted hamburger buns, lightly buttered