Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Put on your Wranglers, boots, and spurs & enjoy this burger which mixes Texas BBQ with Southwest hot chili in adobo mayonnaise. I found a recipe on the French's web site and made adjustments to suit our taste.
- 1 lb ground beef (do not use lean ground round, etc.)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons french gourmayo chipotle chili mayonnaise (or make your own by mixing 3 parts mayonnaise with l part minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauc)
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced sweet onion
- shredded lettuce
- 1 -2 tablespoon barbecue sauce (I used Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy)
- 3 lightly toasted hamburger buns, lightly buttered
- Lightly mix cumin, chili powder, salt, and ground beef; form patties, and grill until done.
- Spread chipotle mayonnaise on one side of bun; add fixings & burger; spread BB sauce on other side of bun; then enjoy!
This is a great burger, Linda. The layers of chile and chili give a great deph of flavor without overwhelming heat. I used Sue L's Chipotle Mayonnaise #81066 and Barb Gertz's Chipotle Mango Barbeque Sauce #90733.
I liked the spices in the meat, and really enjoyed the contrast of the chipotle mayo with the barbecue sauce (I used Quick and easy Splenda BBQ Sauce, which is a little on the sweet side. Don't laugh, but I had not thought of toasting and buttering my hamburger buns before, but it really added to the experience. I appreciate that you give instructions for homemade chipotle mayonnaise (I won't be buying the French's again due to all the chemicals).