These tasty, low fat burgers use extra-lean ground beef combined with mashed black beans to reduce fat content and make moist, flavorful patties. The jalapeno pepper, cumin and cilantro add a nice little kick. Use a hotter chile pepper if you prefer, or omit it altogether if you want a more subtle flavor. Serve burgers on a whole grain or sourdough bun with plenty of low fat condiments. Fresh salsa and low fat sour cream work perfectly. NOTE: Being recently diagnosed with Diabetes..I have some lifestyle changes to make...especially in my diet. Posting this here to be available for me to try soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mash black beans with a fork. Add onion, jalapeno pepper and cumin. Mix well.
- 2Place ground beef in a large bowl, followed by the bean mixture. Add sauce, egg white and cilantro. Blend well with a fork.
- 3Form into four 3/4-inch patties.
- 4Broil or grill for 5-6 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- 6Per Serving: Calories 145, Calories from Fat 40, Total Fat 4.4g (sat 2.2g), Cholesterol 52mg, Sodium 173mg, Carbohydrate 5.9g, Fiber 1.7g, Protein 20.4g.
- 7Nutritional Breakdown as listed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Burger
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 152.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 19.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced sodium black beans