1/1 Photo of Southwestern Bruschetta
Galley Wench's Note:
This is my own creation. While cruising the Sea of Cortez (with no super markets in sight) I needed to come up with an appetizer to take to a 'dingy raft-up' party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons seeded and finely diced jalapenos
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 8 -10 slices French bread, cut about 1 inch thick (aprox. 3 inch round)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Mix chopped garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and cilantro.
- 2Slowly stir in oil.
- 3Add chopped tomatoes and jalapenos and allow to sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 4Meanwhile place the bread rounds on cookie sheet and lightly toast under broiler.
- 5When the bread is toasted rub tops of toast with whole garlic pieces.
- 6Top bread with tomato mixture.
- 7Sprinkle on a little cheese and if desired, pop into warm oven to melt cheese.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 530.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.8 g