Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A really different flavor for a frittata with southwestern flavors.
- 1 small bell pepper, cored chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, peeled minced
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) canalaska salmon, drained, chunked
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa, homestyle recipe (mild)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Spray-coat a 10-inch non-stick pan. Stir in bell pepper, onions, and garlic; sauté two minutes over medium heat. Add salmon.
- Beat together eggs, milk or water, and seasoning; pour over vegetables in pan. Cook eggs over medium-low heat, omelet-style, until sides are set, about 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Transfer pan to oven about 5 inches from heat, covering handle with foil if necessary.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until frittata is puffy and eggs are firm in the center.
- Cut into wedges; serve each slice with 1/4 cup salsa.